26 July 2010

Livin' La Vida Verde

Green! Honestly, I never realized how much I loved GREEN until I started to see things pop that match my new stuff. I chose these items as my favorites in Anthropologie as I was browsing on the last day of a visit from my friends. I didn't know my pals were fishing for my preference for a reason!

ceramic measuring cups and magnetic timer
Maybe you can relate to, or just imagine, having friends that are so close they are family.

The lines get blurred in my family's culture. I can't count the number of times I've heard the question, "are you all related?" If you spend enough time with someone you start to look like them. Not just hair, clothing, and make-up (all of which has happened over the years)... I'm talking about expressions, mannerisms and vocal intonation. Likes, dislikes, opinion, conviction. What I'm trying to say is that there are people in my life that fit the bill, and I was SO blessed to have them for 5 wonderful days.

I certainly can't describe the feelings of that bipolar final day together. What I CAN tell you is that I walked away with a fabulous weekend stash! Ok, I really was quite emotional, but I didn't want to let the violins eek on for too long. 

The goods...

The Game of Things
A new Game of Things! Thanks, Matt & Lani, for introducing us to this game...and for making me laugh so much, it literally hurt.

Thanks, Trish, for the invaluable advice on the garlic olive oil. Seriously, this has totally changed our lives. Those Vinni bags were amazing, thanks for bringing the wine! I'll look for that yummy Frascati, but I'm not holding my breath. 
My lovely husband took a trip to the superT and got me the large Green Pan skillet. Oh, sweet man... Another thing to make my experience in the kitchen even better! (Glad you got the pans, Jen & Priss. Pretty sweet, right?)

See how perfect this timer looks on my fridge, Jannell? By the way, those cute little van Gogh deals are souvenirs from my sister's latest jaunt to Amsterdam.

Thanks, Jen, for the cute denim dress. Thanks for driving so far by yourself with the kids – and you never complained about being in that tiny room with both of them all weekend. Dude, you're a rock star mom.

The darling "California mission tile style" measuring cups (from Lani) sit just above my sink. I can be reminded every day of my home state...and my homies.

Thanks for an amazing weekend, girls! 

2 comments:

  1. so lovely and so functional! don't be surprised if you find one missing (um borrowed). =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ya girl! thank you for a memorable vacation, looking forward to the next visit.

    ReplyDelete