09 May 2011

Glassical Music

We're back! After 2 weeks in California I am ready to get back into the groove of our life at home. While I prep the photos of the patio garden, take a look at this musician Carrie shared with me. It made me laugh because we spent one evening ardently arranging my wine glasses into a glass harp -- just to play the theme song from Doctor Zhivago, "Somewhere My Love" (or "Lara's Song")! We had another piece that we started but I can't think of what it was... All I know is that we were SO excited when someone came home so that we could share our magnificent musical feat. It is a LOT of fun, so if you're looking for something to pass the time or to entertain your guests, try a glass harp challenge.



By the way, the Toccata and Fugue in D Minor is the video I first saw. It is over 7 minutes long so you can leave it playing, or just check out the first few minutes to understand the brilliant musicality of Robert Tiso (search "roberttiso" on YouTube). He has other familiar pieces uploaded so you can listen to your heart's delight.

1 comment:

  1. That video is absolutely gorgeous, and my favorite piece from Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker - I've loved it since I was a little girl dying to be a prima ballerina who played Clara! Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete