07 May 2012

Oh yes, I did.

What do I do with sweetened condensed milk, you ask? Well, a little dab in my coffee for starters. Truthfully, a full teaspoon is heavenly at the bottom of my cup, just before I pour a double from the stovetop espresso maker.

I have to also mention that it stays in the refrigerator door and lasts a VERY long time. I'm icked out by open cans in the fridge, so we used to transfer the milk from the can into a container, then spooned it out. Not much trouble, but the availability of a squeeze bottle truly rocked our world!


Much to my dismay, I found out recently that Trader Joe's carries the squeeze bottle version of organic sweetened condensed milk as a "seasonal item." A season, I must mention, that has passed. Boo, boo, and boo.



My quick-fix? Empty the last can in the pantry, into the squeeze bottle.

Hey, don't mention it.


No comments:

Post a Comment